Attestation of the consolidated financial statements pursuant to the provisions of art. 154-bis, paragraph 5, of legislative decree 58 of february 24, 1998 and art. 81–ter of consob regulation no. 11971 of 14 may 1999 as amended
1. The undersigned, Philippe Donnet, in his capacity as Managing Director and Group CEO, and Luigi Lubelli, in his capacity as Manager in charge of preparing the financial reports of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. and Group CFO, having also taken into account the provisions of Art 154-bis, paragraphs 3 and 4, of the Italian Legislative Decree No. 58 dated 24 February 1998, hereby certify:
- the adequacy in relation to the characteristics of the Company and
- the effective implementation of the administrative and accounting procedures for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements over the course of the period from 1 January to 31 December 2017.
2. The adequacy of the administrative and accounting procedures in place for preparing the consolidated financial statements as at 31 December 2017 has been assessed through a process established by Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. on the basis of the guidelines set out in the Internal Control – Integrated Framework issued by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission, an internationally-accepted reference framework.
3. The undersigned further confirm that:
3.1 the consolidated financial statements as at 31 December 2017:
a) are prepared in compliance with applicable international accounting standards recognized by the European Community pursuant to Regulation (EC) No. 1606/2002 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 July 2002, with the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 38 of 28 February 2005, of the Italian Civil Code, of Legislative Decree No. 209 of 7 September 2005 and with applicable provisions, regulations and circular letters issued by ISVAP (now IVASS);
b) correspond to the related books and accounting records;
c) provide a true and fair representation of the financial position of the issuer and the group of companies included in the scope of consolidation;
3.2 the management report contains a reliable analysis of the business outlook and management result, the financial position of the issuer and group companies included in the scope of consolidation and a description of the main risks and uncertain situations to which they are exposed. Milan, 14 March 2018
Milan, 14 March 2018
Philippe Donnet Luigi Lubelli
Managing Director and Group CEO Manager in charge of preparingn
the Company’s financial reports and Group CFO
ASSICURAZIONI GENERALI S.p.A. ASSICURAZIONI GENERALI S.p.A.